Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Excelsior Caffe - Shinjuku (新宿区)


Without a doubt, my favorite coffee house in Shinjuku 新宿区 - Excelsior Caffe - is a little oasis amidst the throngs of people populating this busy ward in Tokyo.

In this day and age with a certain Seattle coffee chain seemingly open on every single street corner, Excelsior Caffe is clean, friendly, and good value for your money - in short, it is a find.

As you enter, they have a great display counter and staff that seem happy to see you. They take there job seriously, and the staff seem to enjoy what they do. I think we have all at one time or another gone into other coffee shops, that shall remain nameless, only to be greeted with a "I'm making minimum wage, so don't ask anything of me" gaze.


You can get the full range of coffee drinks iced/hot coffee, lattes, cappuccinos, blended drinks as well an assortment of sweets and sandwiches

On my recent visit, I had an iced almond caramel latte, an fozen macha latte, as well as a mont blanc and mille crepe pastry (all pictured below) - what can I say I was hungry and it was a sweltering Tokyo summer afternoon.

There are of course numerous Excelsior Caffes located throughout Tokyo and Japan all offering similar coffees, blended drinks. More details, additional menu items and caffe locations can be found on their web site http://www.excelsiorcaffe.com/ - hope you enjoy it.

All the best....Mark

No comments: